Thursday, October 8, 2015

Bite My Tongue

Every relationship has some things that work and some things that don't work.  Our spiritual practice has helped Kevin and I to enjoy what is working and to recognize what isn't working, and to adjust to what is not working long before it becomes a real issue.

The one area I've noticed that I'm still challenged in is speaking before I think.  When my buttons are pushed, only recently have I learned to take a deep breath, and rather than my normal knee jerk reaction to the situation, I bite my tongue - mostly.

At this new level in our relationship, it's not so important for me to be right or to make the other person wrong.  Instead, there is an acknowledgement of the difference and, if it's needed, we can set a time to discuss the issue when neither of us is so heated about the situation.

When we do sit to down to talk about the problem, we've also set a guideline to start with something positive about the other person. It's amazing to see our conversation unfold when we've acknowledged some small thing about the other person that makes us happy.

Ultimately, we've come out of this feeling closer in our marriage.  Neither of us is perfect.  We're doing the best we can.  But, we're doing it together and that keeps us moving forward.

So, today I set the intention to recognize its not so important for ME to be right, but to accept my part in making my relationship the thing that is right.


"Courage means to keep working a relationship, to continue seeking solutions 
to difficult problems, and to stay focused during stressful periods." 


Affirmative prayer:
Taking a breath and moving into this moment now, there is the recognition of the all-good that is God.  It is the sense of peace that flows through the stillness.  It is the feeling of love that surrounds all that is.

This Divine Presence flows through me, speaking as my soul's desire.  I am a unique expression of Spirit, revealing the highest and best good for myself and for others I meet during my day.

Focusing on my heart's desire, I am led into a closer relationship with my husband, with family and with friends.  I welcome the closeness in my marriage as I practice thinking before I speak.  I accept the growing sense of peace and love that fills me as I remain mindful in my conversations with friends and family.  I embrace the beautiful truth that something within me keeps me balanced in all of my relationships at work and at home.  And I affirm that as I give my attention to the good I see in other's relationships and communication, that same good is revealed in the words and body language I use in my conversations.

I am so grateful for the awareness that Spirit lifts me into a greater expression of what is possible each and every day.  I am thankful that I am free to shine in my relationships, allowing my personality to shine.  And I say Thank You, Sweet Spirit, for all this good and so much more.

From this place of deep gratitude, I release my prayer to the Law of Mind, knowing it is already done.  I experience peace and joy in this release and I celebrate the good I witness.  And I let it be so.  Amen.  Alleluia.  And so it is.

Photo: my own

No comments:

Post a Comment