Thursday, September 4, 2014

Why Judgement Has A Boldness To It

Rueful choices.  Complicated situations.  Words I wish I could take back.  I've survived them all.  It's fascinating at how accepting I am becoming of myself when I look back at the choices, words & situations that turned out less than perfect.

I no longer run away from those moments because, really, everything is all right.  I can relax and stop worrying.  I can quit being so hard on myself.

And the simple act of self-acceptance has freed me to make bolder choices, knowing that I can ask for forgiveness if my choice unintentionally hurt someone.

It's opened me up taking risks, knowing that I can always start over if I fail.

It's allowed me to make a mess of what I say, knowing that there is a lesson in the mess I now feel called to clean up.

It's the never-ending story of judgement.  And, what I'm realizing is that it's okay to have judgement.  Because the lesson I'm now seeing in judgement is that as I clean up my mess, I have bonded more deeply with people I care about.  And as I dig myself out of failure, I fall more deeply in love with the passions that drive me to try again.

There is a wisdom that comes from experiencing each moment, even the things that we judge wrong or hurtful or as weakness.

And all the time there is a recognition that the Universe is always there to pick me up and brush me off.   It is telling me that if I don't experience life because I am worried about making a mistake, I will likely not get another chance to experience it later.

So, I'm opening up and I'm owning all of it.

What about you?  Can you accept ALL of who you are, even your blunders and messy situations?

Today, I set the intention to celebrate the revelations that come from living a life true to who I am as I strive for authenticity and self-acceptance in all things.


"We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget
 the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about."  

"The experience of eternity right here and now is the function of life.  Heaven is not
 the place to have the experience; here is the place to have the experience."  


Affirmative Prayer:
Beyond time and space, there is a field of infinite possibilities.  There is no beginning and no end.  There is only a Divine Presence that is love.  It is a Creative Wisdom contained in the sounds that are heard and in the silence.  And, it is a Divine Power that is the essence of a breath and the unceasing heartbeat in every creature, great and small.

My nature is that of this Divine Presence that is in every aspect and situation of my life.  It is the creative force of the Universe that is always present within me and all around me.  It is present in every thought, every action and every feeling that I have.  And I am made new in each moment as who I am expands with every experience I have each day.

Remembering this truth, I am lifted up and I am blessed simply for having the courage to try new things.  I am fully supported as I make choices and lean into situations that speak to my soul.  I am making a contribution to all of planet Earth as my path leads me on encounters that are Divinely guided and directed.  Having faith that Spirit is always present, I celebrate with a heart wide-open and affirm that my conversations with others and my actions allow blessings to move through me.  I let go of judgement and consciously choose a life of authenticity and self-expression.

For all of this and more, I am deeply grateful.  I am filled with gratitude that Spirit is present in every situation and circumstance.  And I am thankful that my life experiences reveal my true nature - a spiritual being having a human experience, an expression of joy and love.

In trust and faith, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is perfect and knowing it is already done.  I smile in happiness as I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Meg Wills/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment